As we are looking at the start of a new year, I want to wish all of you the best for 2016! In particular I hope that by the end of this new year you will be in the best shape of your life and will have gained confidence and lost some of your fears; that you will have gained the extraordinary knowledge to cope with most violent situations and to protect not only yourselves but also your loved ones, whether faced with harassment, intimidation, common road rage, or a terrorist attack. You can accomplish all of that with Krav Maga – join us now!
It is also a time to look back at 2015, and what a year it was! IKMF took some giant leaps this year and on top of being the best we are now unquestionably the largest Krav Maga organization in Canada. Here are some of our accomplishments:
• First ever Instructor Preparation Program in Ottawa with 14 CIC candidates going through an innovative training curriculum to prepare them better for their future role as Instructors.
• Largest CIC (Civilian Instructor Certification) ever organized in North America with 20 participants from Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton, Saskatoon and Montreal- the course was taught by Israel Tamir (E4), Israel Cohen (E3) and myself.
• Major events organized in both Toronto and Ottawa with EIT Jean-Paul Jauffret (E3)
• First-ever Stress-Management seminar delivered in Ottawa, which was a complete success
• New IKMF schools opening across Canada
As for 2016, we are looking at growing and we will continue to offer the best quality of Krav Maga and to make sure that all our students can walk in peace. Here are some of the events coming up this year:
• Anti-Terror seminar in Ottawa, in response to the tragic events of 2015 around the world
• Instructor renewal in Ottawa in June
• Seminar in Banff with EIT Jean-Paul Jauffret
• VIP protection course (Bronze Shield) in Ottawa with EIT Jean-Paul Jauffret
I would like to add that as IKMF National Director in Canada, I had the great honour to travel once again to Israel in May 2015 to participate in the Expert Camp with the entire Israeli team of Instructors and to achieve the level of Expert 2.
I am looking forward to all the good things 2016 will bring us and again wish you all the best in this New Year!
Expert Level 2 IKMF
Krav Maga Ottawa/Head Instructor
Director IKMF Canada